Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Clause For Confidential Emails How Enforceable Is A Non Compete Clause In New York For A Non-senior Employee? Should I Sign It Or Not?

How enforceable is a Non Compete clause in New York for a non-senior employee? Should I sign it or not? - clause for confidential emails

My employer asked all employees to an employee handbook, which contains only 1 year non-compete signed, too. This does not mean for a competitor in any capacity. The company is based in New York and I am an account manager is, by no means a high-level working group within the company, but an important element to get access to much information. My concern is that if I sign, I can not help it, when I go to find a job, despite the absence of confidential information with me.

How to apply the conditions of competition clauses in New York? If I remember, there is a chance to work with a competitor within the scheduled time? Suggestions on what should I do?

5 comments:

tampabay... said...

In fact, in most states is not necessary ... I'll sign and next to my signature: (TDC), which means the risk of coercion, duress they need, even if true, I can about everything I make sign contracts ... than ever before ... The question is, so it looks like part of your signature ...
at the present time, the hopes that will not work in your area when you leave a place, a Dirtbag ... to hell with them, all the characters to get the job done, easy to unsubscribe, your signature, as I said ... I never had a doubt, and I have several times ..

AceHigh said...

A non-competition agreement between you and your employer. It is not unusual need for employers to their employees to sign this agreement. It applies whenever appropriate. I have seen people who brought the matter before the courts and applied for the exemption.

If you can not find the loss of their jobs and worried, a different, perhaps you have an employment contract with their employer to ask.

Put a CCT under the signature you can from then on it will prevent the job.

AceHigh said...

A non-competition agreement between you and your employer. It is not unusual need for employers to their employees to sign this agreement. It applies whenever appropriate. I have seen people who brought the matter before the courts and applied for the exemption.

If you can not find the loss of their jobs and worried, a different, perhaps you have an employment contract with their employer to ask.

Put a CCT under the signature you can from then on it will prevent the job.

There Is No Dog said...

You are not enforceable, in general, but they have a reasonable time and place. Depending on your business type and size, it could avoid the work during this time in a supermarket, or perhaps that he go elsewhere for work during that time. This is the best thing I can tell, no detail. And adding something wrong about your medical condition (for example, said he was) had no effect under duress on the validity of the contract. There are no easy tips of these contracts, so we decided one way or another.

ernesthi... said...

This is a "pact of non-compete" Highly executive in New York. As otherwise agreed, there is no reason .. If you want the job, signed the pact. It simply means they do not want to take their research and development and your own business or selling your new employer's why I like working for Microsoft to do at the weekend, X-Box from Microsoft locked in a cage and playing X-Box want for 12 hours and all you can eat free pizza and Pepsi, and as much as you drink.

Post a Comment